Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Shortbread CookiesJul 31, 2020
You are about to experience cookie bliss!
These decadent shortbreads are seriously some of the best cookies ever. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and full of savage deliciousness!
What's their hidden savage secret...Tiger nuts!
What are Tiger Nuts?
First of all, they’re not tree nuts. Tiger nuts are tubers, like potatoes and sweet potatoes, though much smaller in size. They're named for their stripe-like look on their exterior.
Tiger nuts might be small, but they're mighty!
Tiger nuts are a good source of protein, healthy fats, vitamin E, iron, magnesium, zinc, and antioxidants.
Tiger nuts are also high in resistant starch, a fiber that passes through the GI tract undigested. This type of fiber also helps feed your beneficial gut bacteria, can reduce blood sugar spikes, and helps aid in satiety.
You can eat tiger nuts raw, roasted, or boiled. When they're dried and ground, these nutrient-rich "nuts" become a wonderful grain-free flour.
If you’ve never used tiger
nut flour before, these simple shortbread delights are a great place to start!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup softened coconut manna*
- 2-3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Hearty pinch sea salt
- Melted chocolate, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together until well-combined and mixture is smooth.
- Divide evenly into 12 portions and roll each into a ball.
- Flatten balls into round cookie shapes. (The bottom of a cup measure with a small piece of parchment to prevent sticking works great)
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until cookies start to turn lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. You should desire!😉
*If you can’t find coconut manna or coconut butter, make your own by puréeing unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth and pourable.
Unleash your savage cookie beast with tiger nuts!
In joy and health,
Do you want MORE support for your hormones and fertility?
Subscribe and get great content delivered right to your inbox!
Spam not included!
Your information will never be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.